Many students elect to enhance and complement their international studies degree experience by completing a second degree, minor(s) and/or certificate(s). Learn more about some of these different academic opportunities below.
- The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences has many majors that incorporate global learning. Visit this link for a full list of related majors.
- Review the Academic Advising Center website for more information on dual and double degree requirements.
There are over 100 minors at the University of Florida, and several have an international, intercultural and/or language focus. At least 6 credits of minor coursework must be exclusive to the minor. A minor may not overlap with a student’s major focus. Listed below are some of the minors International Studies students have pursued. For a full list of minors, visit this link.
- Minor in African Studies
- Minor in Anthropology
- Minor in Asian Studies
- Minor in Arabic Language and Literature
- Minor in International Development and Humanitarian Assistance
- Minor in Nonprofit Organizational Leadership
- Minor in Religion
Earning a certificate is an excellent way to enhance your academic focus. All certificate programs require that 9 credits be exclusive to the program and distinct from every other certificate or minor a student is completing. Listed below are a few certificates of interest. For a full list of all certificates visit this link.