ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bob Graham Center for Public Service and Florida Blue Key at the University of Florida offer the Local Government Internship program each summer. During the summer semester, interns will work in City and/or County Manager offices across the state of Florida in fields such as business/finance, engineering, landscape design, and public administration. Interns will receive on-the-job training to help them move forward on their career path and attain valuable work experience in the competitive economy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I apply? Submit a COMPLETE application package ELECTRONICALLY to Dr. Sheila Dickison at email@example.com.
Application packages should include:
3) Letter of recommendation by professor or employer
4) Letter of commitment (Due after acceptance into the program)
- In good standing with the University of Florida
- Third year students through first year of graduate school (exceptions may be made). Law students are not eligible for this program.
- GPA 2.75 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an internship credit course
We can help you enroll in one of the following courses:
- POS 4940 Political Internship OR IDS 4940 Interdisciplinary Studies Internship OR
- Your own major/department
Will I receive academic credit?
Student participating in the program are required to be enrolled for at least one hour of internship credit (one hour of academic credit can be earned for each 45 hours of work completed). You can take internship credit through your own major/department or the interdisciplinary studies program.
How are interns placed?
If you are selected as a participant you will be given a placement. Students are placed based on professional and academic goals. Additionally, considerations will be made based on location preference.
Will I be paid or receive a stipend?
Some internships are paid; some are not paid.
As a first-year international graduate student, am I eligible to hold this internship?
For information on eligibility requirements for participation, visit https://www.ufic.ufl.edu/iss/currentF1studentsCPT.html.
****If you receive need-based financial aid, please talk to a representative at the Financial Aid office to determine how and if a paid internship will impact your aid package****